Online learning has shifted from being a mere alternative medium of education to a standardized platform for teaching and learning. However, the issue of a fair and effective examination system has been a major concern.
The traditional pen-and-paper exams will always be a crucial method, but we need a far more practical and modern assessment mechanism. The solution lies in online tests that institutes and teachers can implement effectively through online exam software.
Let’s Find the Online Exam Platform Revolutionising Education
1. Convenient Online Examination Implementation
The time and effort that goes into conducting the traditional in-person examination is tremendous, especially concerning the manual work. Teachers and examiners need to prepare the question papers and submit them to a particular authority.
The scheduling of examinations, followed by allotting seats to different classes based on the subjects and dates, is one of the vital steps. Fortunately, institutes don’t need to rely on a singular approach to exams.
The evolution of education has also led to the incorporation of varied assessments, which have become even more prominent in the present scenario.
Educators and teachers work together and implement online exams in the following ways:
- Utilising appropriate tools like the online exam software to create low-stakes and high-stakes online tests.
- They can diversify the question patterns by including different questions, including MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions), essay types, and practical questions.
- Unlike conventional exams, these tests aim to assess the knowledge and skills of individual students.
2. Automated Scheduling
One of the most crucial duties of administrators, apart from ensuring the smooth conduct of examinations, is establishing the schedule. They publish the exam schedule after a thorough discussion and confirmation with the institute heads and officials.
Nonetheless, the procedure of confirming the dates as per the subjects, classes, and streams is time-consuming. On the other hand, the students must be mindful of the exam dates by checking the website or the notice board.
The software automates the scheduling process, which eliminates the need to prepare the exam timetable manually. It helps to organize and update exam slots according to the classes and subjects.
Consequently, the admin can share the exam routine with all the stakeholders, enabling them to remain updated. Besides, they update any changes in dates through automated emails and notifications.
5 Ways AI Can Help Scale Exams and Enhance Learning Outcomes
3. Anti-Cheating Measures
Students have expertise in creative ways of cheating in examinations, which teachers and institutes are well aware of. Therefore, pre-appointed invigilators keep a close watch throughout the exam duration.
Despite strict measures and concentrated vigilance, students often get away with cheating or malpractice, which undermines the exam’s integrity. Besides, malpractices are one of the primary concerns in the context of online tests.
In fact, students are more likely to cheat during online tests due to a lack of adequate preventative resources. The software takes all of these factors into account and helps to provide an anti-cheating environment through the following measures:
- Most modern examination software comes with proctoring features, helping to create an online invigilation system.
- Features like video and audio proctoring capture and record the student's movements and sound. The examiner can review the recorded footage and flag any examination that violates the rules and regulations.
- Live proctoring allows the examiner to monitor the test-taking candidate in real-time during the examination. As a result, they can take disciplinary measures if a student commits any fraudulent behavior.
- AI-enabled proctoring is the newest feature that monitors student activity and sends alerts and notifications depending on any suspicious activity. Also, the system can automatically disable the exam after three warnings.
4. Authenticating a Student's Identity
There have been multiple instances during online classes where an anonymous person attended the class instead of the student. Similarly, proxy attendance is a rampant problem that institutes have to deal with strategically.
That is where the software can be immensely useful, as it ensures a streamlined online examination system .
Furthermore, it provides a systematic method of ensuring a candidate’s identity through an elaborate process:
- The candidates or students must register themselves with their name, ID, and biometric details.
- Before the commencement of the exam, the candidate needs to show their ID, and then the system scans the facial features and matches them with the ID.
- The successful verification of the candidates allows them to proceed to the exam website and then take the assessment.
- In case the verification process fails, the candidate must redo the process.
5. Highly Secured Examination Environment
Question papers getting leaked a week or two before the examination or compromise of student information are vital problems. Thankfully, institutes can overcome this issue by integrating the ERP with the online exam software.
Consequently, it allows the storage of questionnaires in a highly secured digitalized environment, allowing access to authorized personnel. Besides, the encryption mechanism protects the documents from hacking or unauthorized access.
The system stores the student information in a safe environment, protecting it from people with malicious intent.
6. In-depth Assessment Report
The conventional evaluation process entails a long process, including teachers or examiners checking and evaluating the answers. The next step is to prepare individual reports reflecting their scores on the basis of the particular test.
However, the online exam software allows one to automate the post-examination activities conveniently in the following ways:
- Marks evaluation based on the answers
- Generating a final result
- Generation marks sheets or grade cards
- MIS reports on student's performance
- Notifying the parents about the students’ results through text messages and emails
Students typically wait after the publication of the results to get feedback from the teachers regarding their performance. However, it does not indicate any report of continuous progress; on the other hand, the software helps to keep track of ongoing progress.
In fact, teachers can create mock test papers and ongoing weekly class tests with the help of the online exam tool. Besides, they can include descriptive question types and MCQs, helping students learn about varied topics effectively.
At the same time, it allows teachers to provide instant feedback to the students and keep track of their ongoing progress. Consequently, it allows students to improve their academic performance and boost their learning outcomes.
To Wrap It Up,
Examinations are an integral part of the education process that allows teachers to assess an individual’s knowledge. However, they can assess their ongoing progress with the help of the online exam software, leading to better academic achievement.